Nearly 98% of woman in the United States have cellulite, regardless of height or weight. It is caused by variety of factors including female hormones (men are less prone to cellulite because their connective tissue is different), poor circulation, a sedentary lifestyle, thick bands within fat tissue and many more factors. For those with cellulite topical treatments usually containing caffeine and amino acids can improve local circulation and reduce the appearance of dimples, but most of these treatments are superficial and have only temporary benefits. Also, non-invasive in-office body-contouring treatments, including radio frequency devices such as Accent or Velasmooth, can tighten and temporarily improve the appearance of cellulite, but long-term benefits are undetermined. Even the more invasive treatments that perform plastic surgeons, such as liposuction or laser, don’t necessarily offer a long-lasting solution. Lasers do not always uniformly treat the bands, while liposuction treatments will remove the fat it does not tackle the root of the problem.
That’s why Cellfina, a newly FDA-approved treatment, breaks up the connective bands within the fat tissue of the thighs and buttocks to release tension and smooth cellulite. How Cellfina removes dimples in the skin? –Most patients have a total of 15 to 25 dimples on their thighs and buttocks. Each dimple is clearly marked with a circle, before the area is numbed with an injection of local lidocaine. Then, a small handheld device grabs the skin using suction and slides a miniature blade below the surface to precisely cut the connective bands, creating a taut and dimple-less silhouette. Depending on the size of the area being treated, the procedure can take under an hour. Soreness, tenderness and bruising that can last up to three days are side effects. Unlike the previously mentioned procedures like liposuction and laser, Cellfina treatment is proven to deliver up to 98% improvement in treated patients, with results that last for u to two years. The only reason for a second Cellfina treatment is if you develop additional cellulite or have other cellulite you would like treated.
In the pivotal study, patient satisfaction was 85 percent at three months, 94 percent at one year and 96 percent at two years, surpassing the patient satisfaction rates of other leading cellulite treatments. The Cellfina treatment is only available through a licensed physician. The cost of Cellfina treatment can range in price from $3,000 to $6,000, depending on the physician, location of the practice, and the number of the cellulite dimples being treated.
Here is the list of Cellfina providers:
- San Francisco, CA, The Maas Clinic
- Sacramento, CA, Laser and Skin Surgery Treatment
- Marina Del Rey, CA, Marina Plastic Surgery
- San Diego, CA, Cosmetic Laser Dermatology
- Laguna Beach, CA, Aesthetic Plastic Surgical Institute
- Englewood, CO, About Skin Dermatology
- Global Gables, FI, Dermatology Research Institute
- Chicago, IL, The Few Institute
- Shreveport, LA, The Wall Center for Plastic Surgery
- Metairie, LA, Coleman Center for Cosmetic Dermatologic Surgery
- Hunt Valley, Maryland, MD Laser Skin and Vein
- Chestnut Hill, MA, Skincare Physicians
- New York, NY, Haideh Hirmand, Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- New York, NY, Laser and Skin Surgery Center of New York
- Washington, DC, Washington Institute of Dermatologic Laser Surgery.